Here is what we know about the Manchester attack so far

Here’s what we know about the Manchester attack so far:

  • The attack was carried out by a lone male suicide bomber who detonated an improvised explosive device.
  • 22 people have been killed and 59 have been injured in the blast
  • Children are among the dead
  • The lone attacker died at the arena
  • Police are investigating whether he acted alone or was part of a network
  • It is the worst terrorist attack in the UK since 56 people were killed in the 7/7 London bombings in 2005.
  • The explosion rocked the Manchester Arena at the conclusion of a performance by the American star Ariana Grande.
  • Manchester Arena said the explosion happened outside the venue, as people began streaming from the doors.
  • Greater Manchester Police said they were called to the venue at around 10.33pm and approach roads were closed.
  • They said the blast was “being treated as a terrorist incident”.
  • More than 400 officers were deployed on the operation throughout Monday night.
  • Manchester Victoria station was evacuated and trains cancelled.
  • The victims are being treated at eight hospitals across Greater Manchester, Chief Constable Ian Hopkins said.
  • The Prime Minister condemned what was being treated as an “appalling terrorist attack” and said she would chair a meeting of the Government’s emergency Cobra committee on Tuesday.
  • All national General Election campaigning was suspended after the explosion.
  • A controlled explosion was carried out by police at the Cathedral Gardens area near Manchester Arena shortly after 1.30am.
  • Police said the suspicious item at the centre of the controlled explosion was just abandoned clothing.
Also READ   BREAKING: Another suicide bomber hit University of Maiduguri [PHOTOS]





Related News

  • World Record: Military Helicopter Towed with Kung fu Master’s Manhood
  • Egypt: New Law Cages NGOs
  • Canadian Government to Match Donations to Famine Relief Programs in Africa
  • Tenth suspect arrested over Manchester attack investigation
  • Breaking: Army bomb unit deployed to college in south Manchester
  • Faces of the innocent: Victims of cowardly attack at Manchester Arena
  • Here is what we know about the Manchester attack so far
  • 8 year old girl still missing after Ariana Grande Manchester terror attack
  • Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    Read previous post:
    8 year old girl still missing after Ariana Grande Manchester terror attack

    An eight year old girl is one of the youngest children to be named as missingRead More

    Close